There are several small supermarkets within steps of the apartment (Tesco
and Sainsburys) and a large Marks and Spencer food-hall is only a minute walk away. The market is open every day and you can buy anything from strawberries and asparagus to shoes and tools! Bakeries
on are every corner and Costa Coffee is so close you can almost smell it! (it takes about 45 seconds to get there...I have timed it!). Traditional fish and
chip shops within a minute too.
Tesco Express: Low Ousegate YO1 9QX 6am-12am (160 yards 2 mins
Tesco Express: Goodramgate YO1 7LS 6am-11pm (0.20 mile 4 mins
Sainsbury’s Local: Piccadilly YO1 9NU 7am-11pm (140 yards 2 mins
- Marks and Spencer Pavement YO1 8NB 8am-6.30pm, Sunday 11am-5pm ( 0.1 mile 2 mins walk)
- Sainsbury’s supermarket Foss Court YO31 7JB 8am-9pm Sunday 11am-5pm(0.6 mile 12 mins walk)
- Morrison’s Supermarket with petrol: Foss Island Road YO31 7UJ 7am-10pm Sunday 10am-4pm (0.6 mile 13 mins walk)
JUST A FEW OPTIONS WITHIN TWO MINUTES
- Bruks Coffee Shop, right here on Peter Lane. Lovely and friendly, great coffee, great breakfast and lunch, yummy cakes. Various opening
- Nando’s (Chicken) 12 High Ousegate YO18RZ (30 second walk through snickleway) 11am-10pm/11pm Fri and Sat. Very close by, can get takeout
- Byron’s (Burgers) 11 High Ousegate YO18RZ , next door to Nando’s!
- Ate o’ clock restaurant…next door to Nando’s and Byron’s, lovely menu, something for everyone, really nice restaurant, open late!
- Yates (lively chain pub, serves good value food) Church Lane YO1 9QT 0.1 mile 2 mins walk…. £2.95 breakfast served until 12pm (including tea/coffee/juice)! 9am-late/
opens 10am on Sunday
- Oscar’s 27 Swinegate YO1 8AZ 10.30am-12am/1am weekends, rustic wine bar/bistro…big portions, very varied menu, good fun.
- Betty’s tea room St Helen’s Square YO1 8QP… Famous for Afternoon tea but they do breakfast and lunch too. (0.2 mile 4 min walk)
- 1331 Restaurant 13 Grape Lane YO1 7HU This place has it all, great food good bar and even a cinema!